Thursday, November 17, 2005

Set . . .

This is our last day here in the beautiful autumn of Davis. It's hard to believe that it is the end of November; students are around in shorts and tank tops, people are actually using air conditioning or driving around with car windows wide open. I even looked longingly at the pool thinking that if we had kept the cover on we could probably be swimming. The outdoor tables at The Bistro in downtown Davis were filled with lunchers enjoying the sunshine. Still the trees are all turning red and gold, leaves are dropping by the basket-full, and there is a rumor that Thanksgiving will be here next week, despite the balmy weather.

I spent the morning packing, cleaning, moving boxes from inside to the garage to be put into the car. It's pretty much loaded up and ready to go. Fortunately several boxes will be left in both Long Beach and San Diego as Santa offerings and we will then have a bit of breathing room. This afternoon was the pre-Mexico hair cut (really short, but not quite as short as the Italian cut of a year ago. See The Haircut, December 3, 2004.) Then on to the pedicure palace for a bit more pampering before hitting the beach. I have been a bit wary of having all this done in Mexico, but at least this year I am going to go to the local hair cutting emporium, point to my hair and tell them I'll be back in 6 weeks and I want the same. I'll let you know how it works.

We expect a cold, clear morning tomorrow for our early drive out of here. The plan is to be on the road by 6 AM. Right now I have to dismantle my computer and pack it up for the long drive. Next news will be from San Diego.

No comments: